Thursday, January 31, 2013

Why Innocent Children Die

extracts from "Why inncocent children die" by Rev John Warrener

The first step in answering the question "why" is to examine the question we ask--"Why?" Are we really searching for wisdom into the intricacies of God's will and plan? Are we really seeking knowledge of God's will or the nature of the universe? And, if we received such an answer from God to our supposed inquiring why,

a) Could we even understand it?
b) Would we be satisfied and carry on, business as usual?
c) Would we be like the Bible says, like "Rachel weeping inconsolably because they are no more?" Only now, with the divine answer, we are even more confused! 
.
.
.
In the book of Job, in the Bible, Job asks the question why he has had to suffer the loss of his family, children, and health. God does answer, but Job cannot bear the answer. He is too small and God is too big! God speaks to him out of the whirlwind, (Job 40:1-5 NRSV) And the LORD said to Job: {2} "Shall a faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Anyone who argues with God must respond." {3} Then Job answered the LORD: {4} "See, I am of small account; what shall I answer you? I lay my hand on my mouth. {5} I have spoken once, and I will not answer; twice, but will proceed no further."
Again in (Job 42:2-3 NRSV) talking to God, "I know that you can do all things, and that they can thwart no purpose of yours . . . Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know."
The Bible tells us that we could not understand the answer, even if we received it!
Add to that, even if we could understand it, it would not help in our grief because they [those we lost] are no more.
.
.
.

Brothers and Sister, it is at this point that we have to make a decision! Do I turn to the love of God in Jesus Christ in my grief or to the bitterness of a cruel world that has little meaning in life except more pain and loss? If you choose the bitterness of the world, your question "why" will never be answered, and your grief will always remain in some form or another -- bitterness, anger, depression, you'll remain lost, and without hope.

If you turn to Jesus and offer him your true cry of pain, you will hear the voice of God's spirit speaking to your spirit, "I had a child too. He too was innocent. There was no sin in him. His name was Jesus and he died a terrible death at the hands of evil men. I even knew about it long before it happened. Yet, I allowed it to happen. Yes, I even caused it to happen because I love you so much, that I would lose my innocent child too, so that I could answer your cries and prayers to make it stop hurting." 

for more pls visit: http://ucmpage.org/jwarrene/messages/whychildren.html


As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. - Isa 55:9


Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.  Matthew 5:4



pic: Guardian angel, by Pietro da Cortona, 1656

No comments:

Post a Comment