Sunday, April 6, 2014

Despite of Age

“Now then, just as the Lord promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the wilderness. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then.
– Joshua 14:10-11 (NIV)
Today’s commentary
by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

This statement came from Caleb, who was one of the original spies to explore the Promised Land. It seems that as Caleb held onto the promises of God, God’s promises held onto him. So don’t believe the lie that you are too old to see God’s promises fulfilled. May we have the same spirit as Caleb, who though he had to wait forty-five years, got what God had promised to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment